Thursday, August 01, 2013

The Cat Is Out of the Bag... I can't keep this secret any longer...

Many of you know that in January, I gave up most sugars.  If it wasn't naturally occurring in a food or stevia, I didn't eat it.  I decided to do this hoping to lose some weight.  I didn't really lose much but the 'side effects' were good.  They were slow and so much so that they almost went unnoticed.  That is until this past month when I've let sugar creep back into my diet. Birthday celebrations, vacations, church trips and so on just made it difficult to pass up on the sugar.

BUT not any longer.  I have suffered from night sweats and hot flashes for years and before January they were quite severe.  But since January, they had all but gone away.  If I had any they were very mild and I barely noticed them.  This month... they are BACK and in full force and guess what?  I'm done with sugar.



I don't like the way it makes me feel, so please don't be offended if I don't offer you a dessert when you visit my home or if I say 'No, thank you' to your dessert.  It's just not worth it to me. Not at all.

One last thing... if you are peri-menopausal or menopausal and suffering from those awful hot flashes or night sweats... you know the ones.  You wake up with drenched pjs and your hair dripping wet with sweat...  consider giving up sugar, or at the very least cutting back as much as you can.  You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment