Thursday, February 16, 2006

Another Day in the Life of Me.....

I tell you what.... The first thing DD said when she got in the car after school yesterday was.... wait for it ..... you guessed it! "Mommy, my ear hurts." I could have just died. I should have just crawled in a hole and hid!!

She went to sleep early after I gave her some Motrin and put some drops in her ear. Then at about 11:30pm here she came, crying. "Mommy, my ear hurts real bad!" Poor baby. I could tell she was in a lot of pain. So I put her in my bed and gave her a warm wet cloth to put on it and more drops in the ear.

After about 30 minutes of her whining and whimpering I gave her more Motrin. Poor thing finally went to sleep but still continued to whimper all night in her sleep. I got up and tried to schedule her an appointment online last night at midnight but there were none. Then I got up 10 minutes before 6 am to start trying to call the appointment line to get an appointment. When I got through at about 3 minutes to 6 they had one appointment left at 6:20 pm! So I asked about walk ins and they said I could do that.

So we got up and got ready so we could be there when they opened at 7:30 am (it's about a 20 to 30 minute drive) only to be told to come back at 4pm. So, now she is in bed. I gave her more drops in the ear and have a diffuser going with lavender oil (supposed to help with earaches) and a warm wash cloth and yes, I eventually gave her some more Motrin.

Poor thing just called me in there and said her throat hurts too. I told her if she gets what DS had I'll kill her! Not really but UGH!! If I have to go through that again.... you guys will have to come visit me in the loony bin!

So that's where we are today. I'm trying to get some work done around the house but you know how I LOVE doing that! ;oP Hope your day is going better than mine. Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, it always goes around the family!! When one of my twins is sick I always ask for extra meds since the other will always get it next.

    Prayers for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. DD has an ear infection and DS's tests finally came back and he has a very severe viral infection in his mouth and a Staph infection in his thumb as well. So he'll get more meds tomorrow and DD started hers tonight. (I didn't find out about DS's tests until after I went to Hospital with DD.)

    ReplyDelete