Wednesday, April 26, 2006


Oh, it's a Wednesday night at our house. That means a quick dinner and then off to church. I felt frazzled so I took the easy way out tonight and we watched a Veggie Tales movie for our time. We didn't quite finish it so we will finish it next week. Whew... I'm tired. I'm always tired when we get home on Wednesday nights but it's usually a good kind of tired.

This evening our house (and truck) was filled with laughter. My kids are crazy!! They both had the giggles and by the time we got to church the wonderful lady who does the bells told DD that tonight DD would be called "Giggles" instead of her real named which just made her giggle all the more. Even DS was near hysteria with laughter. I told them I didn't remember laughing this much before and DS said, "Well, I wasn't homeschooled then!"

I said, "That's true and you were such a miserable child before!" I was being funny but he agreed! He is much happier and someone even commented on it tonight at church; that there was a difference in him.

We have a lot more fun lately. I can't wait for DH to get home so that he can share it all. I think he will be surprised by the change in all of us. Homeschooling can really be freeing. Wow, I don't know if we can take much more of it!! DD will be homeschooling with us next year too! Our house may just float away from the lightness of it all!

You know, now that I think about it, I feel like I'm even smiling more. (I've always been a smilier so that is saying a lot to say more.) Now, don't get me wrong. I miss my DH so very much and not a moment goes by that I don't wish he were here to share in all the joy and trials we have been experiencing, but we do talk to him almost daily and he shares in it that way. It's not the same but I think... I hope he feels it too.

This deployment has been so hard and sometimes I've felt like I couldn't go on much longer but when I look back at it as a whole I realize that it has gone relatively well. I think the homeschooling has really helped.

DS and I have had each other more to help get us through all the rough spots. When I've had bad mornings or days or nights or whatever, DS is so cute. He's always there to give me a hug or to joke with me to bring me out my sadness and on really bad days, he emails his dad and tells him that I am really missing him and asks his dad to call or email soon. It is so sweet.

Then for him, he always knows where I am and that I'm here if he needs a hug or some talking. It's just been nice that we have been able to be there so much more for each other. It's hard to explain and probably sounds kind of weird to others who haven't gone through all this or even to those who have gone through a deployment but don't homeschool. It's just been nice whatever it is that's helping.

Well, I feel like I've been sitting out on my cyber porch visiting with friends. I hope you do too. Stop by anytime for a chat in my swing. I'll be here waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment