Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New year...New beginnings....

That's what we have here and now, a New Year and a New Beginning. How wonderful for us! We now have a clean slate! We are so very lucky. We get to start over every year and try to make each new year better than before.

Yesterday, I spent the day trying to get on track so that I can meet my goals and help my children meet theirs. We cleaned!! and cleaned and cleaned. I knew my son's room was a mess but WHEW! what a mess!

We spent most of the day on it but it paid off and he now has a better chance of keeping one of his goals now.

DD worked on her room too but it wasn't nearly as bad. I still need to go in and help her out a bit in some areas like corners and table tops but her floor and closet are good.

My kitchen is clean and we have kept it that way for a week now. We've been working together after every meal and keeping it nice and tidy. It's wonderful!! The living room has been kept pretty good too. I love having a clean house.

Now, I just need to get busy on my bedroom and we will be good. It takes time. It took time to get this way and it will take time to get it beautiful again. I have patience but also determination! I can do this!

Right now I am sitting her with kids as they do their schoolwork. I love watching DD concentrate. She is so cute. It's nice to see them both working hard and doing well. Times like this I love homeschooling!

I'm reading a book called, "Mrs. Sharp's Traditions". I love it. I only wish that I had read it much earlier in life! When DS was a baby would have been a good time. Now my children are 12 and 7 and I'm so afraid I missed out some. I actually really did a lot of what she says for the everyday when my oldest was very little but since I've become somewhat lazy and this book has come into my life at a wonderful time. I just hope it's not too late. They it's never too late so I hope so in this case too!
I love the book so much that I bought myself a copy (I had checked it out from the library) and bought a couple of extra copies for wedding gifts.

Well, the dryer is calling my name so I best go and answer for now. Have a truly wonderful day filled all the joys life brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment