Saturday, June 26, 2010

Time Flies...

Boy, how time flies!  It's been way too long since my last post.  We have just been so busy.  DH has been traveling so much.  His boss and my friends husband was killed in Afghanistan.  We went on vacation and we finally sold our home back in Tennessee and are getting ready to move into our new home here.  We are very excited!  We have been furniture shopping and appliance shopping and so on and so forth.  We can't wait!

My dear friend's husband was killed last month in Afghanistan.  That was so hard and incredibly sad.  I can not imagine what my friend is going through.  You know, as a military wife, we do try to imagine what it would be like but I know that  our imaginings are nothing compared to the real thing.  I feel so sad for my friend and her children.  I think of them each and every day and I think will for a VERY LONG time.  They have all been such an inspiration to me and all those around them.  Please keep them in your prayers.

I've also been feeling very nostalgic again. If you have been reading my blog very long you'll know that get this way every now and again.   I've been looking at all this retro and vintage stuff again.  I just love the late 30's, 40's and 50's.  I turned on "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" the other day while I was packing and that's all it took.  The hats, the suits, the dresses... I just fell in love all over again. Why did we ever stop dressing like that?  We are such slobs these days in comparison.    I've been enjoying old movies again.  Watching and listening to them as I pack as been inspiring.  I love the way of life then.  Don't get me wrong, I love my ac and so on but I just really think TV and the internet is not always the best for us.  I know they both in the way of so much in my life.  I'm trying to do better.

Tonight we are watching movies and playing on the computers and eating ice cream too.  Just having a slow evening together.  I hope you are having a lovely weekend with your family and friends too. 

1 comment: