Monday, February 20, 2006

What's in Your Kitchen Meme


A new blog (Athenainaminivan) that I've been reading lately has decided they want to know about my kitchen and tagged me in this list so here it goes.

1. How many meals does most of your family eat at home each week? How many are in your family? Hard one! There are 4 in our family, that's easy. Meals at home? Well, DH is home we eat at home most nights with the exception of Sunday lunch and probably at least once on Saturday. BUT when DH is gone we eat out much more often. My kids are very picky and to be honest, I don't like to cook unless my food is appreciated so....

2. How many cookbooks do you own? Too many! I love cookbooks

3. How often do you refer to a cookbook each week? Unfortunately rarely. My family likes to stick with what they know.

4. Do you collect recipes from other sources? If so, what are some of your favorite sources I get a lot of recipes from my mother and recipezaar online. Also places like, BettyCrocker.com and others like it.

5. How do you store those recipes? So embarrassing! On scraps of paper from my mom and other live people. I do print out recipes from online and put them in a notebook (well, I don't always get them in the notebook. Sometimes, like now, I have a pile of them.)

6. When you cook, do you follow the recipe pretty closely, or do you use recipes primarily to give you ideas? well, I usually follow a recipe but I do leave out ingredients we don't like and sometimes add. I usually just cook from my head (no written recipe).

7. Is there a particular ethnic style or flavor that predominates in your cooking? If so, what is it?
Oh, we like TexMex and Italian and Asian but we eat a lot of noodles (with butter or cheese)

8. What's your favorite kitchen task related to meal planning and preparation? I don't know that I have one! To read this you wouldn't think I love to cook! I do! I guess I love looking at recipes. And yes, I love eating.

9. What's your least favorite part? Cleaning up

10. Do you plan menus before you shop? Sometimes. When I'm being really good I do but lately... no My problem is I plan menus and then when the family asks what's for dinner and I tell them, they say oh, I don't feel like that tonight. DH is the worst about this!!!

11. What are your three favorite kitchen tools or appliances? Hmm... I like my baking stone and the dishwasher is pretty handy...

12. If you could buy one new thing for your kitchen, money was no object, and space not an issue, what would you most like to have? Double ovens for the holidays!! I'd love a new refrigerator

13. Since money and space probably are objects, what are you most likely to buy next? Appliance wise? An new frig but it won't be for quite a while.

14. Do you have a separate freezer for storage? We have a VERY old extra refrigerator in the basement but no stand a lone freezer
15. Grocery shop alone or with others? Since homeschooling DS usually goes with me

16. How many meatless main dish meals do you fix in a week? None, we are definitely carnivores Well, at breakfast we usually have pancakes or cereal and don't always have bacon but that would be a side so....

17. If you have a decorating theme in your kitchen, what is it? Favorite kitchen colors? My kitchen is the way it was when we bought the house. It's mainly white (counter tops) and the cabinets are natural with wood flooring. I would love a yellow kitchen though.

18. What's the first thing you ever learned to cook, and how old were you? I have no idea! Probably mac and cheese

19. How did you learn to cook? My mom I'm sure. I do remember a kids cookbook I had.

20. Tag two other people to play.

DesertShams and WendyLou

1 comment:

  1. Ok- that made me laugh about your husband. Mine does the same thing. I will say,"I am making _______ for supper." and he will say, "I don't want that." I think his mom spoiled him to eating what he wanted. I always blame her for his little quirks.

    ReplyDelete