Friday, November 09, 2012

Friday Musings

I've still been busy living my life lately.  You know what?  It's fun!  I'm still on the computer too much but most of the time it's doing some studying or an accountability group or something.  I still probably watch too much tv but DD and I are loving watching Hallmark movies together.  :o)

Mostly she and I hang out together.  We shop, we cook, we sing, we drive around, we talk and we talk some more.  When DH is off he joins us and sometimes we make a trip out to take DS to lunch or something.

We have just really been enjoying being a family.  We all seem to be reaching out a bit more to new ... experiences and people.  We are spreading our wings a bit. I'll let you know how it goes in  a few weeks.  lol

I was just asking DH about some wording and he was brainstorming and used the phrase, "expanding our area of influence."  I didn't like it.  It sounds kind of self centered.  Well, it did at first but as it has rolled around in my mind...  maybe it's so bad... we do all have an influence on those around us whether we want to or not and well, it's only self centered if we make it so.  We choose the kind of influence we make by how we act and more importantly, how we love.

Isn't that just a beautiful word?  LOVE.  It just doesn't get much better than that does it.  Oh how the world could be changed if we showed more love.  Not romantic love, although DH wouldn't mind that a bit, but love, Christlike love.  Love for our neighbors near and far.  Love for our enemies, for those who hurt us, those who don't always seem 'deserving'.  I mean, really are any of us ALWAYS deserving?  I mean sometimes we just have a bad day... or week...  Sometimes, maybe that person who seems so underserving hasn't been shown enough love in their life and so they are kind of cranky or just don't know how to love.  I'm thinking that it's our job.  To show love, to teach love.


Galatians 5:13

Common English Bible (CEB)
13 You were called to freedom, brothers and sisters; only don’t let this freedom be an opportunity to indulge your selfish impulses, but serve each other through love.  (My emphasis added)


1 Corinthians 13:4-8

New International Version (NIV)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails...

I don't know.  What do you think?  If we all showed this kind of love... would the world be a better place?  I think so.  But that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment