Monday, March 18, 2013

Catch up...

I know... I've been terrible about blogging for ... let's face it... several years now...  I don't really know why other than, often I just don't have much to say.  Well, at least not much that matters so... I've just been quiet.

Let's play catch up.  We'll just start with the new year so that I don't bore you too much.  The biggest thing is that I've given up sugar.  Yep, it's a thing of the past for me.  Well, let me rephrase that, I've given up fructose.  Well, that's not quite right either because I still eat fruit some.  So I've given up added fructose or fructose without the fiber.  I try to eat it in it's whole form, an apple but not apple juice, an orange but not orange juice.  You get the picture.  I'm still probably eating too many carbs but I'm working on that too, though much slower.  :o)  I love my bread and pasta.

I'm working on getting back to my walking.  I'm enjoying it and can't wait to move it outside and bring my DH along with me.  :o)  I'm making the treadmill work by reading while walking sometimes and that's nice.  Or I try spending my walk time in prayer.  This morning I read.  I've started a new book called  Confessions of a Prayer Slacker by Diane Moody.  I got it for the Kindle one day when it was free.  Here's a trailer for it.


So far it's pretty good and I'm enjoying it.  I'm thinking she might just be writing my life!  I pray.  I'm a great prayer when times are tough.  When I know someone needs prayer I will pray immediately for them.  I don't know that I'm a "Prayer Slacker" so to speak but I think that my prayer life could use some work.  It could be more ... consistent... more meaningful.  You get the picture.  :o)  So this book just may be what I need to get me headed to a more meaningful prayer life.

DH and I recently started a new Sunday School class at church.  That's means he supports me while I lead.  lol  It's been lots of fun!  We have wonderful people who have joined us and I really look forward to our time with them each week.  The ... curriculum (for lack of a better word) we chose is a read the Bible in a year type.  We chose it because it was guilt free.  If you don't read the daily scripture readings know one will ever know.  The lessons can done even if you haven't and you won't feel lost.  It's been great but I've discovered something for myself.  Reading the Bible is ... good for me.  I can always tell when I miss a day or... a few days...  I seem crankier, moodier, less happy and less settled.  I could actually go on and on but I think get you get the drift.

I've always been an on again off again Bible reader.  I would do devotionals, or a Bible study here and there.  If I needed something I'd look something up in the Bible but I never just sat down and read the Bible.  Well, that's not quite true.  I've tried to just sit and read it before but it never lasted for more than a sitting or two.  So, I've been enjoying for the most part reading my Bible.  Don't get me wrong, I have missed a day here or there or a week... (Shhhh) but I just pick it back up and get reading again.  It really does help make my day go better.  I'm learning so much and refining things I already knew but in a childlike way.  

I find myself wanting more.  I've even looked at maybe going back to school for some theology/Bible type classes.  I just can't seem to get enough!

Anyway, that's about my life right now.  Staying busy but still looking for ... that something... that meaning for my life... my purpose.  Somethings never change I guess.  I'm really going to try to do better about blogging again but I don't want to live on the computer so... we'll see how it goes.  I hope all is well with you and yours dear friends!  Have a beautiful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment