Sunday, August 14, 2005

Do you have one?

A front porch that is. I don't. I do have an awesome deck on the back but I've always wanted a front porch. I've always had it in my head that if I had a front porch and I spent time on it that I might meet my neighbors more easily. Now that may be just a daydream of mine but...

As a child, I remember sitting on the front porch having tea parties with my dolls or sitting out there drawing and coloring pictures to deliver to my neighbors. And no, we didn't really know many if any of them. I didn't any way.

I love watching old shows, TV or movies, where they sit out on the porch and have dessert or sometimes on Andy Griffith they would sing or play a game. I'm very nostalgic sometimes. I guess this is one of those times!

My dream house has a huge wrap around porch that would be great for entertaining, or just sitting enjoying the company of my family and friends. But I'd have to have fans or something for the heat. Heat... but that's another essay...

No comments:

Post a Comment