Monday, August 15, 2005

Usual Musings...

It's funny. I can never think of a good title. Usually it's because when I sit down to write, I'm not sure what I'm going to say. I end up working it backwards. I start typing the post and then if I remember, I go back to title it. Sometimes I still don't know what to title it.

Oh well, anyhooo... What a Monday morning. DD didn't want to go to school today. She screamed and cried. I almost cried with her. I don't know what the problem was. She just didn't want to go. She wanted to be with me. Poor thing. Why do we think it's normal for kids to not want to go to school? Why do we think that at 6 our children need to learn to be away from us, their parents. I'm starting to think that our "normal" thinking is a little screwy!

DS complained about going too but he did hop right out of the car when we got there. He's older though, all of 10 (almost 11). He's into the whole gotta look cool at all times thing. Not sure I like that though. For some reason, that means not smiling much and always looking aloof, you know like you don't care.

And we wonder what's wrong with the world. I need my front porch and rocking chair and a glass of tea (I prefer soda). So I can sit and ponder all this as I look out at our virtually empty neighborhood. We never see anyone out in this neighborhood. Too hot but again.... that's another essay. Maybe I'll get to that one soon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment