Saturday, October 08, 2005

Cooler Weather


Don't you just love it? I do. I love fall. As I'm typing this I'm remembering the first e-mails from the movie "You've Got Mail". I just may have to go and watch it. I love that one. I love those e-mails too. You know the "bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils". I love that kind of writing. I wish I could write like that.

For a while I had dreams of writing professionally. Well, I'm too chicken for that!! I've written a few children's books that I have tucked away in a file folder in a drawer somewhere. I was published a couple of times in the United Methodist Reporter. I was even paid for one of the articles! I love to write but as you can see it's mostly just ramblings. When I try to write something real I always draw a blank. I can think up good stuff but putting it on paper is another story!

Wow, where did all that come from? I watched "Under The Tuscan Sun" this morning as I worked on cleaning my bedroom (still unpacking!) and she is a writer in the movie so maybe that's what got me thinking on that. She writes a beautiful postcard in the movie. Again, I wish I could write like that.

Do you see a theme with me? Yes, I wish a lot but never do much about it. Wishing doesn't get you very far, you have to actually do it! I guess this blog is my way of safely kind of doing it. (hehehe. That's a terribly constructed sentence!!) I love this blog. Sometimes I just draw a blank though. That's when my posts are few and far between. But then other times I spend WAY too much time on here and don't get other important things done. Oh well. Maybe that's why I'm not a "real" writer. I'd never get anything else done! :oP

Well, I need to be through musing for now. I do have some things I need to finish up. Maybe I'll watch that movie while I do it. Have a great weekend!

~~Again, here is my cutie pie niece! She is adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment