Thursday, June 28, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

I read a devotional with this title this morning, and it made me think of several of my friends who have talked about this very thing. I don't really think any of these friends read here but maybe someone else out there needs it too. You can click on the title to go to it. Sometimes I have to click refresh a time or two so give it a chance.

Anyway, even in our Sunday School this past month I've talked about this with the kids. We get so busy in our lives with this and that that sometimes it's hard to stop and take a moment for God. It is important.

I've had several friends over the past year make comments to me about how busy they, as a family, are and how very tired it makes them. If it makes the parents this tired, imagine how tired the kids are!

More is not always best. I tell people this a lot. We had got rather busy there for awhile until one day, I just put my foot down and no more. Family time is more important this all this junk. And you know what? We are happier as a family.

Sometimes we get too tied up in extracurricular activities, they are extra. That's it. If you have time for it great! If not, don't stretch yourself or your family. It's just not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment