Saturday, September 20, 2008

Aromatherapy


I love aromatherapy. I have used it quite a bit with great success and so now I'm on an adventure in learning. I'm taking a "course" in it right now but it doesn't have any interaction with a teacher. I'm just doing this one to get my feet wet a little and then if I still enjoy it, I'll take a certificate or diploma type course. It's very exciting and I really enjoy it.

I first started with it after we moved here and DS was having a terrible time with his allergies and sinuses. It worked so I read a little more. Then DD was having lots of earaches but thankfully they weren't infections I discovered that a warm compress with a little lavender oil placed on the ear worked wonders! Then she was also having some tummy aches with nausea (I think because she didn't like school, she was in public school at the time) and I would put a little peppermint oil on a tissue or hanky and whenever she felt a little nauseated she would smell it. It seemed to really ease it and sometimes relieve her of it all together.

All of that sold me on the use of essential oils and so I've been using them for this and that ever since. DH actually likes it too and he is the one really encouraging me to learn more.

Well, I'm off to study for a little longer. Have an aromatic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment