Friday, September 19, 2008

Time flies...

I haven't updated here in a while. Let's see what's been happening....

A few weeks ago, DH's stepmother passed away and so he came home on emergency leave. It was wonderful to have him with us again but it was a very stressful time. He'd been gone for just a few days shy of 6 months when he came home and we still have more than 9 to go. UGH!!! He left on Sunday of this week to go back and it's been really hard readjusting for me. The kids are doing great but Mom is barely hanging on.... I'll pull myself up soon and be fine. It's just taking me a little longer than usual.

OH! Today is our 16th Wedding Anniversary! I just got done talking with him so that was nice. A friend of mine and I are going to lunch today. She doesn't know it's my anniversary but it will be our little celebration.

DD has decided to be a Marine Biologist. She is 9 so I'm sure it will change but she is having a blast studying dolphins this week and she wants to do whales soon too.

DS is an AWESOME guitarist! He amazes me everyday. I came home today after hearing a song on the radio that I thought he should learn to play, "Silent Lucidity" by Queensryche and he was playing it pretty well within 30 minutes! He gets the music online, prints it off and just goes to town. He's really good. (Please don't judge me by my music!!)

We've had a few catastrophes lately but I'll spare you the details, just know they are all being taken care of for now. Thankfully we have some really good friends who are always there to help. So I guess that's it for now. I'll try to get over here more often to update. I have a facebook now and well I play on that all the time so.... It's WAAAAYYYYY past my bedtime, 3am. So I'll end for now. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment