Saturday, October 16, 2010

"When Christians Get It Wrong" by Adam Hamilton

When Christians Get It WrongI just finished this book yesterday and I have to say it is one of the BEST books I've read in a while.  I think Rev. Hamilton is right on target.  So many times as I've listened to the news, or visited with fellow Christians, I've thought to myself that some how they are getting it so wrong.  I can't say enough good about this book.  I feel like it has the potential to change the world if enough people read it and really, I mean REALLY, try to soak it in and put it into practice.


I was always taught to live my life in such in a way that people can see Christ in me, to let His light shine in me.  This book reinforced most of what my parents taught me.

"Jesus told his disciples they were to be light for the world, a city upon a hill that could not be hidden.  They were to let their light shine by pursuing acts of kindness, mercy and love.  In this way Christ's followers were to incarnate - to embody and make visible- the love of God for humankind.  In doing this they would become the evidence of God to the world.  Christians are not meant to repel people from God but by their very lives to draw people to God."

Wonderfully written, I recommend this book to EVERYONE.  Remember, LOVE is the greatest and that is what this book is all about.  Love.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing to say, just ordered the book..Thank You very much for sharing this with me!


    Domestic Cleaner CV

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a great book! Hope you enjoy it has much as I did.

    ReplyDelete