Thursday, November 18, 2010

Good Morning!

Well, I have exercised this morning and I feel pretty good about it!  Exercise is not really my thing.  I don't really enjoy it but I know it is necessary.  Right now, as I'm trying to get back into a routine I figure movement, any movement, is good, since it is better than what I have been doing.  This week I've been jogging on my rebounder and I've been enjoying it although today was harder for me.  I just wasn't feeling it, but I did it.

Today is busy day for us.  DS has his college class, DD has an orthodontist appointment and then I am teaching an etiquette class.  This means I've got to get the house picked up and vacuumed early.  Today's class includes a mini meal so I have to get that prepared as well.  It should be a fun class.  I've really been enjoying teaching it.  It's been a lot of fun.  DD is participating and is really enjoying it too.

I've been spending a little time the last couple of days reading old posts on this blog.  I've really been enjoying it.  I'm kind of rediscovering myself and finding that when I thought I was doing a terrible job in life, I was really doing pretty good.  It's amazing to me how time can change my perspective.  Now, I think I'm doing a terrible job again but I wonder what I'll think in 5 years?  Probably that I am doing a terrible job. LOL  This year as been a hard one for me I think and I've not really been me. I think I've been lost.  Moving here has been great but it's been hard too.  I'm still trying to find my way.  

I love my home.  It's beautiful but it's had to have some work and that's been hard on the pocketbook.  

We've lost friends and (DH's) coworkers to the war and that's been really hard.  I can't imagine how hard it is on the families. If it's this hard on me... wow.  Through these losses, I lost my closest (I thought so anyway) friend here and that has been really hard.  I so wanted to be there for her when she lost her husband and well, it just wasn't possible.  There were so many obstacles.  People mostly trying to protect the family.  I don't know if she knows how hard to tried to be there for her or not but I doubt if she got many if any of my messages during that time so I'm sure it seemed as I had let her down and had not been a friend but I tried so hard.  

In this happening I realized that I must place an importance on my friendships that aren't really there, well, for the other person anyway, and that's been very hard to accept.  It's really hard to realize that people you think are such good friends only think of you as ... well, more than acquaintances but not a lot more.

Anyway, DS is preparing for college and even though I am so very proud of him, I am so not ready for him to be moving away from home.  We still have more than a year, he's only a junior, but he talks about it as if it is tomorrow! 

DH and I are still trying to get to know each other again since his last deployment.  Crazy.  He traveled A LOT when we first got here and it slowed down this summer but he's back at it now fast and furious and so we've really not had enough time to really get used to each other again.  That's been hard too.

Anyway, I think it's been a hard year and I need to get my life back in order and on track and reading these old posts is kind of helping me with it.  It's reminding me what I used to love to do and what I used to make time for in my life.  I need to get back to some of that now. 

That being said, it's way past time to get the kids up and moving and eat some breakfast and get busy on my home and many projects.  I hope dear friends that you have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment