Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Morning Musings

I was up early this morning.  I'm not really a morning person these days but I was awake (sort of) and I thought, "Hey!  This is your planning period!".  So I rolled over and picked up my ipod and read today's reading in my "Craving God" and then got to planning the kids school day.  I knew the basics of what they were doing today but not the nitty gritty so I thought I'd get a jump on that.  It felt good.

I'm not good at planning.  I'm an indecisive person.  I go here and there, always wondering if it's the right thing.  Always wondering if I'm choosing correctly.  Second guessing myself.  This morning as I looked at the basic plan, I tried to pick and choose what I thought had the best opportunity for learning for my kids.  And even now as I'm typing the this, I'm wondering if I chose the right stuff.  We can't possibly do everything that is in the Big Plan so I do my best but... I'm always left wondering.  Did I pick right?  Hmm...

This is totally not where I was going when I sat down to write this post but it is what poured out of my fingers anyway.  There was no stopping it.  Even though it's been a great morning so far, I guess I'm feeling a little unsure of myself today.  Oh well, I guess it just kind of goes with homeschooling.

Anyway, I'm going to try to be more productive today.  I did a great job yesterday at not being on the computer all day and I want to continue with that today.  I want to take time to read some more, I want to do a little cleaning and organizing and I want to plan our weekly menu and then go buy groceries.  Doesn't sound too hard, right?  We'll see...  DD is studying nutrition today so maybe she should do some of the menu planning.  Hmmm... Great idea!

Have a beautiful day, dear friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment