Saturday, July 30, 2011

In Home Bible Study

Hello my friends,

Well, I've been thinking about this a lot lately and so I would like to invite you to join me in an in-home Bible Study at my home.  Very casual in my living room. I'm thinking it would be neat to have it during the lunch hour and Mondays are a good for me so...

How about a Brown Bag Bible Study at my house?  Bring your lunch and we'll talk about what we read during the week and share our thoughts.  Great fellowship!  Let's say we'll start Monday, Aug. 8. 

Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire with God, Not FoodRight now "Made to Crave" is on sale at the Kindle store for $2.99 so I thought this would be a good one to start with.  I read it last winter and really enjoyed it.  I am starting it again and would love to do this with others.  It's not a diet book.  It's really about realizing that we are made to crave God.  We don't seem to recognize this craving for what it is though and we use food, tobacco, alcohol, facebook, work, and so on and so on as a substitution. What we really crave a relationship with God.

So, if you would like to join me, I'd love to have you!  Just comment here or email me or facebook me!  I can't wait!

P.S.  If you don't have a Kindle (I don't), you can download the Kindle App for FREE to your computer or phone or ipod.  Or you can just buy the book.

P.P.S  We could even do this over Skype for those not local so let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment