Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Consideration

Where has it gone?  I feel like singing, "Oh, where, oh where, has consideration gone, Oh, where, oh where can it be?"  (yes, I did sing this out loud as I typed :o)

When did it leave us?  I see a lack of it everywhere!  In friendships, between neighbors, in the work place, really where ever people are!

It makes me sad and, at the moment as I'm experiencing it, very very frustrated and grumpy.

Because of a lack of it, I am having to try doubly hard to show it myself but it is causing a great... rift for us.

I know that sometimes it's hard to be considerate and that lots of us try to always be considerate but sometimes we just aren't.  Yes, I said we.  I am sure I have many moments where I am lacking too.  I realize we can't always, every single minute be considerate of others but we should try our best.

You know a lot of my blogs lately are kind of related... Consideration, Community, The Power of Words, even the one about Menopause/Perimenopause!  They all revolve around caring about one another. Caring about others feelings, taking care of one another, sharing...

I guess it really just boils down to the greatest commandment.  I love that when Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment is and He said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind.  This is the greatest and first commandment.  And the second is like it:  You shall love your neighbor as yourself."  If we follow those two we'll be following all 10!  And what wonderful people we would all be!

If we were loving our neighbor as ourself, we would be trying to always be considerate of one another.  We would always be taking care of one another!

Ah... what a glorious thought... what a glorious goal.  I for one am working on it.  We live in such a self centered world where what we see on tv, the internet, in politics and just all over the place is what's in it for ME?  Instead I want to think, what can I do for THEM?  How can I help my neighbor?  What needs do my friends and neighbors have that could I possibly help fill?  Where am I needed?  How can I serve?

I think when we follow these commands then we are living a life for Christ.  Living a life of meaning.  I want to do both.

BTW, while I was working on the post, I was able to work out the rift in such a way that I was considerate to everyone.  :o)  I have to say that because of this, the post went a totally different direction then when I started... 

No comments:

Post a Comment