Thursday, September 01, 2011

Hands and Feet

Last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I had the urge to go and find a song to post on Facebook.  A song that had meaning, that represented the way I was feeling at the moment.  Well, I didn't really know what that was...  I was in a fabulous mood after spending the evening with great friends, and then going on a long walk (with DH on the phone with me).  I was just feeling great!

My morning had been interesting, to say the least, it had left me a little frazzled and wondering why I bothered.  I was fighting to keep that smile on my face and not let just a couple of people ruin a great thing.  I had other things to do so, I put that aside as best I could and finished getting ready for Kids Praise Choir and then made arrangements to help a friend before that.  That's always a way to feel better... helping others.  When I got home last night, the morning was still in the back of my mind and thought well, lets go check the email and see who else is upset with me and that's when I found it... a sweet email from someone thanking me for my time and effort.  It was so sweet and soooooo needed after the morning of people letting me know things were quite right with how I did things...  The sweet emails and messages have been coming in at the right  moments lately and I am SOOO very grateful for that.

But anyway, back to the song... I was looking for just the right song.  I just felt like I needed to share a good one.  So the first song I found was good.   These words just struck me.... "Would you dare, would you dare to believe, that you still have a reason to sing."  I love to sing!  Here it is:




But it just wasn't quite the song I was looking for ... I mean I was needing to remember that no matter what we still have a reason to sing but I was in a great mood and obviously remembered that anyway since I was wanting to post a song...

So I continued to look for just the right song. Then I came across "I Refuse". I love that song but didn't think it fit but listened to it anyway and then... there it was... the reason I bother... "We are the hands and feet of you O God"... "I refuse... to sit around and wait for someone else, to do what God has called me to do myself." Wow. THAT'S how I've been feeling. THAT'S why I bother. Enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. I love both of these songs... It was great to hear them again... Truthfully "I Refuse" sounds somewhat familiar but I am not sure if I ever really heard it before. I am gonna head over to itunes and get these tonight! PS. I am so sad I didn't get to know you better when we were in the same city, but I feel blessed to know you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rebecca! I wish we had too. I feel the same way about you but now we are cyber buddies! :o)

    ReplyDelete