Monday, September 26, 2011

Sad...

I had an interesting conversation with a young man recently that has left me rather sad.  I think it is probably a pretty normal and usual conversation for a young person but it still makes me sad.

He was commenting on his church "friends" (people he knows from his church) and his friends outside of church (those he knows from other activities) and that some of his friends outside his church don't go to church at all and they are some of the best people he knows.  Then he said, "What does that say?"  I asked him is he was upset about HIS church or THE church and his response was, "It's the hypocritical people in church."

I realize that lots of youth go through this.  I know this is very typical for this age group but that doesn't make me feel any better!  It just saddens me deeply.

I hate that that is what this youth is seeing when he looks out at his fellow Christians.  It's not all of them of course and he doesn't think it is but unfortunately those Christians are usually the most vocal and well, I'm afraid they are hurting our young Christian youth and I just hate that.  It saddens me.

I don't know what to do or where to go from this.  It's been happening forever but it doesn't make it right.  I am sad that this is normal!  I visited with this youth for a while about this but really there's not much to say except that we have to live the best way we can and not let these others destroy what we know to be true.  Hopefully the light of those who live it will out shine those who don't...




No comments:

Post a Comment