Friday, March 23, 2012

Shutting down...

Do you ever do that?  Do you ever find yourself just shutting down?  I do.  I found myself doing it just yesterday.  I started out ok but sometime during my day, I found myself holing up in my room and just wanting to ... we'll say rest or maybe hide is the better word.

I still functioned.  I still cooked dinner and ate with the kids but I just couldn't get back to my bedroom fast enough.  I think I've felt it coming on for a couple of days, though I'm not sure i recognized it as such until it actually happened... Actually, it wasn't until I read DH's facebook post. He was 'checking-in' to where he was and said, "Hanging."  My reaction to it was, "Hmm, you are 'hanging' and I'm shutting down."  It wasn't until that moment that I realized it.  It kind of surprised me really.  It just sneaked up on me. 

I'll do better today.  I'll feel better.  I'll work on it.  I will reboot.

No comments:

Post a Comment