Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Oh, the life of a mother...


My poor baby. DS just is not doing any better. His throat hurts, his head hurts, his body hurts and now he's started vomiting too. Last night he had a temp of over a 102 and that was right after drinking water.

I called our clinic and they put me on hold and then hung up on me. I called back and they put me on hold again. Finally I talked to someone but of course they were no help. The results from the throat culture aren't back yet and they just said if he's not feeling better later today to make another appointment.

I hate having sick kids. I wish DH was here to help me through it. I'm the type that wants to just cry when the kids are sick. Like that helps! I hate going to the Dr and whenever I do go they seldom help so... That's where DH comes in to help. He insists they help and stays on them. Oh well.

Hopefully DS will feel better soon. He's in watching Discovery Science and drinking water and juice. I just gave him some Motrin too.

I'm thinking of going to get on the treadmill to work off these frustrations from him being sick. Have a good day cyber friends. I'll update later.

3 comments:

  1. Update...

    DS is not doing better. I made him an appointment for this afternoon yesterday afternoon. He got so much worse that I took him to the emergency room but after waiting 2 hours he wanted to leave. So now we will be going back to the DR. this afternoon.

    Poor baby, he can't eat or drink, his throat hurts so bad he won't even swallow his spit. He keeps just spitting it out. It's really thick. He's just miserable. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so bad for him. And you, because I know how hard it is when your babies feel bad. Hopefully it will either run it's course soon or the doctor will be helpful. Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no... I'm sorry your baby is sick. I know it's hard to think about anything other than your child, but take care of yourself, too. I know firsthand how that is. I hope you get some answers at to what is causing this and he gets better. The worry is the absolute worst!

    ReplyDelete