Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ash Wednesday

Yes, it's the first day of Lent. Sunday our minister encouraged us to think about what we could give up for lent. Sometimes instead of "giving something up" I try to let go of
something or change a behavior. I don't know what I'll be doing this year.

I asked DD if she had been thinking about this. She's 6 by the way. She hadn't so I told her she had all day to think about it before worship tonight. As we got in the car to go to school she told me she still couldn't think of anything! (She had been thinking for all of an hour!) hehehe Anyway, I told her about changing a behavior and that kind of thing and asked her if there was anything like that she wishes she could "give up". She said, "I wish I could stop arguing with DS ( or DB in her case)."

I told her, "Well, there you go!"

She said, "Oh, that would be too hard!!" Too funny, I know... Anyway, I told her that sometimes the point is that we have to ask God to help us. She said, "hmmm."

Anyway, I'm trying to think of what I could do and you know what came to mind.... less time on the computer. That would be a great one for me! But I'm kind of like DD and think, "That's too hard!" I have an extenuating circumstance but maybe I, with God's help of course, could give it a try and make it work.

What are you "Giving up" for lent?

1 comment:

  1. I posted about what I was giving up for lent at my blog. I am giving up being in control of my eating and giving it over to someone much more capable to helping me control it. Yes, you guessed it, it is the Big Man Himself, The Creator.

    ReplyDelete