Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day...


Well, so much to say but not sure I have the words to say it.

I got up and turned on the TODAY SHOW first thing and we just kept it on most of the day. I was really surprised how into it my kids were. Even DD who is only 9. She watched it all day and never left. She was very into it and really soaked it all up and made comments and was just amazing. DS took it all in too and he made comments as well but he's 14 so I expected it from him. They were both very into it.

It was exciting to watch history unfold. It was very moving to see it all. Oh, how I wish we could have been right there. Which by the way, I did not receive my invite to the Commander-in-Chief Ball as a spouse of a deployed soldier. Hmmm.... the kids said they are sure it will come in the mail tomorrow! HAHAHA

We pretty much just watched this for school today. They did get some math done but I just really felt that this was important for them to watch and feel apart of as well and I think they did.

Well, I just saw at the Ball he said that it was enlisted and junior officers and I guess we don't fall in there anymore. Oh well, that's as it should be. I'm so excited for them to get to be there and for the soldiers overseas to get the opportunity talk with our new President. How awesome!!

I can't wait to see where we go from here. Please don't disappoint me Mr. President!

No comments:

Post a Comment