Wednesday, December 29, 2010

When I grow up...

What did you want to be when you grew up?  Me?  Well, at some point or another, I've probably wanted to be it all!  I remember wanting to be a singer, a dancer, a teacher, a marketing executive, an author, a museum curator, a librarian, and even own my own bookstore, a minister, a children's minister, a Christian Education Director, a youth director, a social worker, an artist, a musician, a farmer, a wife, a mom and so it goes.  Like I said I've probably wanted to do all.

The Shop Around the Corner
Lately, I've been wishing for a family business of some sort, something we could all do together and continue with when DH retires.  I don't really know what brought it up but the other day we were talking about how I would love to open a bookstore. The kids were all over it.   I love books and so do they.  I think it would be a good fit for us.  I'd love to have a story time where I could read aloud to kids.  I love to read aloud and I'm really good at it!  We could start a Mommy and Me book club, or just any kind of book club. Oh, it's only a dream and will probably never happen.  But I love to dream and I'm really good at that too!  :o)

I think I've mentioned before that we live in a very, quaint, small town and I love it.  I love the stores in our downtown area and I would love to own one!  Most of them have wonderful store front windows that remind me of the old movies.  Anyway, we have a bookstore here.  I was so excited to find it after we moved here.  I love bookstores and can spend hours in them... usually. 

I should quickly say here that I tend to keep this blog rather ... can't think of the word but I don't post here where I live or any names or anything personal like that.  I try to keep things "safe".  That being said, I hope that I don't offend anyone who knows me personally and knows where I live.  Use to be that there was only one reader here who actually knew me, the rest were all strangers or internet friends.  So back to my post...

"I love bookstores and can spend hours in them ... usually." But our little bookstore here is ... well, messy, crowded, overloaded.  Books are just stacked all over the place.  It's hard to move about the store.  It has great potential but... it's not a place you want to go and peruse the books.  If you know just what you want and can just go in and get it and leave, then it's great but otherwise...  I would love to just buy this place and organize it and clean it up. 

You've Got MailI know, I'm crazy... So after all this talk and dreaming of owning a bookstore, DH wanted to watch a movie this afternoon and I picked... yep, you guessed it!  "You've Got Mail."  It's one my absolute favorites!  It's so sweet.  I love how they write to each other.  Their words are just so eloquent, so perfect.  "A bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils."  I just love it!  I wish I could write like that!  Oh... it's just {great big sigh}...

Ok, well, now that you all see how crazy I am and what a dreamer I am, I guess I'll end for now.  I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas time and that your new year is truly a happy one filled with much love and joy.  Happy New Year my dear friends, Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment