Thursday, April 07, 2011

Getting the word out

Whew!  It's been a busy week I guess.  I haven't posted anything since Sunday!  I've been busy with the last details of the Children's Program at church.  It's this weekend and I think we are going to make it!  LOL  I'm sure it will be great.  I was a little worried but I'm feeling better about it now.  As a dear friend told me, "Do your best and God will do the rest!"  So that's what I'm doing and relying on at this point.

I've also been busy trying to get the word out about my book, "My Daddy Is In The Army" I've had friends sharing it on their facebook pages, and friends buying it for friends, and friends posting reviews, and one friend is even posting and  passing out Flyers at her studio and to her students!  I'm really excited and feel so... blessed to have such great friends helping me!  It's wonderful and very encouraging.  My friends have been so sweet in their comments about the book and I really appreciate it.  You are guys are SO AWESOME!

Last night, I sent out a press releases to a couple of military publications.  That felt weird!  Just saying it feels weird.  It is a weird feeling to be marketing myself.  Anyway, I'm trying.  We'll see if I hear anything back from those publications.  I hope so!  That would be such help.  I've also placed a facebook ad targeted at those posts that are getting ready to deploy.  I don't know if it will help or not.  We'll see how it goes.  Do any of you have any marketing suggestions?  DH is thinking about trying to talk with a chaplain here to show him the book.  

Oh well, it's very exciting and I hope that we can find a way to get the book out there.  I know that it would have been neat to have had one like this during our deployments!

Well, DD needs this computer for her math now.  Have a beautiful day dear friends!

 

1 comment: