Monday, November 28, 2011

Advent

So, yesterday was the first Sunday in Advent.  We lit the candle of Hope.  Today, as I was reflecting on what we need to be doing during the season of Advent I found these readings...

Isaiah 40:31   

31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength; they will fly up on wings like eagles; they will run and not be tired; they will walk and not be weary. 

Hebrews 10:23

23 Let’s hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, because the one who made the promises is reliable.

Hope...  that's a word I often use.  I hope can do this... I hope this works out.... I hope...  My hope is in the Lord... that's what I should be hoping... Hope in the Lord...  It will renew me because He is unwavering and is reliable.  What a wonderful promise!

In my looking for guidance in my Advent reflections I stumbled upon this article.  Please read it.  It's really good and I think it was written just for me!!  Maybe some of you out there will think it was written for you too.... 

And here are some wonderful ideas for sharing Advent with your family...  Enjoy. 

Remember, Advent is a time of preparing our hearts for Christ.  Let's prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment