Sunday, November 27, 2011

Tid Bits and such...

Okay, so you may not know this about me but... I really believe in the healing power of herbs and oils and well, alternative therapies.  I really do.  I've seen it for myself several times. 

Aromatherapy is a favorite of mine.  I first discovered it because DS and DD had ear "infections" all the time.  I honestly I hate going to the doctor.  I don't know what it's like to go to the doctor in the civilian world but in the military world it is the pits.  They do NOT care about us at all.  But I digress... so anyway, I try to take care of things if possible so that we don't need to go to the doctor. 

Several years ago, DD's ear was hurting her again... so I started reading about what I could do at home to help.  Did you know that if you put some lavender essential oil on a warm wash cloth and place it on the ear it is very soothing?  Since I discovered this we have not been to the Doctor for an ear infection! 

The other that I love tremendously is Garlic.  Garlic is wonderful and since you can purchase odorless garlic it's even better!  It's a natural antibiotic, antifungal, and so on...  I first discovered the power of garlic when my parents were visiting.  My mom had a terrible cold and cough.  We made a poultice and placed it on her back, chest and then the bottom of each foot for about 1 minute each.  She showed improvement quickly!  Since then I give it to my kids as soon as I hear signs of a cold.  I hear them blow their nose or clear their throats and I hand them a couple of garlic pills and keep them taking it all day long for a day or two if necessary and they usually don't get sick.

I love it!  I love using natural herbs and such to keep us healthy.  I love it so much that I often share with others about it.  I love to help and hate to see people feeling bad but... I need to learn to stop doing this.  It seems people are not receptive at all.  I either get laughed at or made fun of and honestly... I hate that!  I don't understand it but... I'm hoping I've learned my lesson.  Don't get me wrong, I've had a couple of people listen and try it or listen and move on.  But you know when you get hatefulness.... you just kind of want to keep to yourself and only share with those who share in the desire to try alternative therapies.

Anyway, tidbits about me...  I love the healing power of garlic, I love aromatherapy and it's healing power, I love reading about both and would love to become an aromatherapist and/or an herbalist.  I'm totally interested in this stuff!  I love reflexology and would love to learn that too! 

So, it seems I share myself here in little tidbits... you just never know what you'll find out about me when you read here!

No comments:

Post a Comment