Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Time

I know I already did a post like this one but... It is something that is so often on my mind, I just can't help doing another one.

Time, what do you do with yours?  Do you spend it on Facebook?  I'm guilty of this one...  too much.  Do you spend it watching tv?  reading?  with family?  with friends?  What do you do with your time?



In the past, I was one who spent too much time on the computer or in front of the tv but I always spent time with family and in church.  I was consumed by family and church.  I didn't have time for much else.  I was running the kids here and there and running to this meeting or that.  I didn't take a lot time for me, for me to have friends.  My "friends" were the kids friends parents (meaning when the kids were together we visited but that was it) or DH's friends wives (again, when our husbands got together we visited but never on our own.)  I didn't have my own friends.   It was really kind of sad but I didn't know it then.

Then several years ago I found a few friends and I enjoyed being with so very much but still I always put the kids first and seldom had to time to do things as just girlfriends.  Still I was okay with this but then we moved and I missed seeing my friends so very much. 

It took a while but I did start making friends here.  I've made some really wonderful friends!!  We actually do stuff together!  As girlfriends!  Sometimes it's lunch or breakfast or even shopping.  Sometimes it's as couples... double dates and such... Other times we do things as families!  Game nights!  Dinners! It is wonderful!  I love spending time with them.  I love having friends!  And I love spending time with them.

Do you take time for your friends?  Do you take time for yourself?  Sometimes, time for your friends and time for yourself are the same!  I often feel so refreshed and revived after time with friends.  I have really FINALLY come to the realization that we really do NEED friends.  We NEED girlfriends.  We NEED those special friends we can chat with, share our joys and sorrows with, play with and rejoice with!

Sometimes I run into a friend or two that... I think are my friends.... that I want to be friends with... only to feel shut out, like they aren't really ready for friends, or at least that they don't really want this type of friendship with me.  I guess really, that's okay.  I guess I can't be everyone's best friend.  lol  That's hard sometimes but you know what that's okay.  I'll be here for these people when they are ready.  And, girlfriends, you know who you are, I LOVE YOU!  Thank you for being my friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment