Thursday, December 29, 2011

Change

If you are a Facebook friend, you have probably seen what I have adopted as my new philosophy...

"No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change." ~Barbara De Angelis

I think it is wonderful and just that quote itself has been a great change in my life. I've been posting on Facebook pretty regularly that change is coming into my life, some big today and some little for today but hopefully big in the long run. 

The first changes have to do with my time and I'm working on that one.  My family is my priority and I'm working on making sure that how I spend my time reflects that. 

Second is my health.  It's a priority as well and I want to get on it right away!  I already have and will continue to do so. 

This one is a hard for me.  I love food and even worse I love all the wrong kinds of food!  So, I'm learning portion control and variety.  (And NO, I did NOT eat ONE piece of candy yesterday!)  I want to be sure I'm setting a good example for my kids even though they already eat better than me.  HA!    So, I'm doing this with or without everyone's support but I will say... if you don't support it you will most likely not be a priority in my life right now.  I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm just saying I'm making a priority of my health.  :o)

I've already started going through things in my home (and life)  and letting go of "stuff".  So  today, I signed up for a 3 week Bible study, well kind of... it's a January Clutter Free Challenge.  It's starts on the 9th.  I'm ready to let go of the junk, the clutter, the stuff that doesn't make me happy anymore!  We'll see how it goes, but I've already done a lot of it and I feel better!  So if you'd like to join me, go here and sign up today.  I'd love to have friends to chat with on this journey.  :o)

Well, I best get off here... I've got lots to do today to get this change going.  I hope you have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment