Friday, December 09, 2011

The Christmas Spirit!

I have been reading a lot of Facebook statuses lately that have said, "I just can't seem to get in the Christmas spirit" or some variation of that. 

Today, I figured out a GREAT way to get into the spirit!  Go ring the bell for the Salvation Army!  DD and I did that this morning.  We were only signed up for an hour but I accidentally got us there an hour early so we rang for 2 hours instead and you know what?  I wouldn't change it for anything!  We had a great time!  We were ringing like crazy.  In fact one of the other mothers there said, "Wow, you are the most vivacious bell ringer I've heard!"  LOL that made me laugh. 

I was remembering an ABC Family movie called "Three Days" with Kristin Davis.  At the beginning of the movie she comes outside to see a Santa ringing a bell saying, "Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas" in a very monotone voice and his bucket is empty.  She comes over and says, "Here let me show you how" and proceeds to ring the bell in a dancy kind of way and is very cheerful as she says, "Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas!" and people come out of the wood work to give.  That's what I felt like today!  It was fun and really wonderful.  We sang carols and laughed and visited and wished everyone a Merry Christmas!

It was so fun to hear people walk up singing with us or walk out of the store singing with us.  People stopped and gave and then thanked us for doing what we were doing.  That kind of made me laugh, because I didn't really feel like we were doing anything but having fun, THEY were the ones giving their money!  It was wonderful.

So, if you are having trouble getting into the spirit of Christmas, I suggest you call the Salvation Army and see if you can get a slot to ring somewhere.  It will have you in the spirit in no time!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment