Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Years!

Our new year came in quietly this year.  There is a stomach bug going around our home and it landed on DH early, early Saturday morning and he was pretty miserable all day.  He even went to bed around 8 or 8:30.  Poor guy.  So the kids and I spent the evening watching movies.  DH watched a couple of them with us too. 

We laughed a lot and it was good.  Great to sit with my kiddos and laugh.  We paused the movie at about 11:57 to watch the ball drop.  As it did, we all looked at each other and said "Happy New Year!" and then moved right on back to the movie.  LOL  It was almost over and then we all went to bed... Well, I did after cleaned up the kitchen.... couldn't wake up this morning to a mess, you know?  That would NOT have been a good way to start the year.  :o)  It was a nice quiet evening.  Nothing exciting but nice.  We were together and that's the most important thing.

If you've been reading here much lately, you've been reading about the changes I feel are coming my way.  I don't think I'm going to make any resolutions this year.  I seldom keep them anyway and I don't know resolutions seem... I don't know... let's just say they don't often work for me.  So, instead, I am just trying to consciously make positive changes in my life.  Not just a single change but changes that I hope make my life and the lives of those around me better.

Happy New Year, my dear friends.  May 2012 be a year of wonderful blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment