Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Catching Up

This morning I'm playing catch up a little in my class.  There has been so much going on the last week or so that I've fallen a little behind.  And not just in the reading but in what I'm supposed to be getting out of it as well! 

The class is on learning to live a Devotional Life using John Wesley's example.  Not just have devotional time but a devotional life.  It's pretty interesting and I'm enjoying it.  So last night, I grabbed a prayer book and my little pocket book of worship and looked through them.  The prayer book starts at advent so I decided to wait to use it till then, so I started looking through the other.  It has morning, midday, evening and night prayer services in it.  Well, I didn't notice the night service so I read through the evening service.  It was nice.  I didn't read through it like a service but just as a guide to devotion and prayer.  It helped keep me focused as sometimes my mind wonders but I had a guide to ... guide me.  ;)

So this week, I'm going to get caught up and then stay with it.

But it's also the week before DS heads back to college so I want to spend time with him and help him get everything ready to move back into the dorm.  Ah, bittersweet.  It won't be nearly as hard as last year but I'll probably still cry.  He's a great guy and I'll miss seeing him everyday.

Next week I plan on DD and I starting back to school in an easy fashion.  Just easing our way back into it and also spending time on our little patio if the weather is nice. I'm looking forward to spending lots more quality time with her.
I've been reading lots of old posts here on my blog and I want to get back to the way we used homeschool, back when we used to have fun with it.  I think that fun could start on our patio.  If only we had this porch swing!  :)

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment