Monday, August 12, 2013

Whirlwind of a weekend

It was a whirlwind of a weekend.  DD and I drove out to my sweet aunt's graveside service.  It was so good to see everyone, cousins I haven't seen in more than 20 years and aunts and uncles I just don't see enough either.  I hate the reason we gathered but it was good to see everyone and reconnect.

It was a long 2 days of driving but DD and I had lots of chatting time.  It was good.  I love our talks.  We have them often though not quite as thorough or as long. :)

It's funny, over the last several months, how many times I've heard people say to DD, "Wow, you tell your mom A LOT." We can't imagine not telling each other what we do and yet it seems so foreign to others.  I talk to my mom the same way.  I'm not sure I did when I was DD's age but I don't really think it's so weird and actually I think it is pretty healthy.  I'm glad she feels she can talk to me about anything.

We talked about so many things; friends, school, change, death, dance, theater.  You name it and we probably talked about it.  In fact, over the last 2 or 3 weeks I've put almost 4,000 miles on my car!  That's a lot of driving and a lot of good chat time with both of my kids!

Last week DS drove with me to take my niece to meet her mom again and oh the discussions we had!  It was wonderful. Our topics were just as varied and just as full; politics, religion, college, the future, plans and so on.

My kids, my family truly is my pride and joy.  It's where my heart fully is and where it really wants to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment